BMI Federal Credit Union
Identity Theft & Fraud Resources
Prevent Fraud From Happening to You!
This is a reminder to please be cautious about about the information you share. There are simple, preventative actions we advise you to take in order to better protect your information.
We may text, call or email you if we have a question about a recent purchase. We will only ever ask you to verify the purchase. We will NEVER ask you for your visa card number, online banking credentials, social security number, or account number. Do not give this information to someone that you think is us, not even the last 8 digits of the credit card.
Report Lost or Stolen Visa
During Business Hours: 614.707.4000
After Hours: 888.297.3416
Report Identity Theft or Fraud
We recommend you visit www.IdentityTheft.gov and follow the federal action plant to help you with your claim. Anyone can become a victim of identity theft or financial fraud.
- Call the companies where you know or suspect the fraud may have occurred.
- Place a fraud alert on your credit report and get copies of your report.
- TransUnion Call: 800.680.7289 or write: P.O. Box 6790, Fullerton, CA 92634
- Equifax Call: 800.525.6285 or write: P.O. Box 740256, Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
- Experian Call: 888.EXPERIAN (888.397.3742) or write: P.O. Box 9532, Allen TX 75013
- Report identity theft to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- File a report with your local police department.
Protect Yourself Using These BMI FCU Services
Explore all the ways you can protect yourself with our Online and Mobile Banking Services.
Check out the Identity Protection module, available in our Online Learning Center. Learn more about Identity Theft, Fraud and Security, and watch a short video on Foiling Identity Theft below:
+Card Alerts are provided at no additional cost from BMI FCU. Message and Data rates may apply. MyCardRules is a registered trademark of Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.®