BMI Federal Credit Union
Visa Chip Technology
Introducing chip technology for BMI Federal Credit Union
BMI FCU Visa® Credit Cards now come with built-in chip technology. This gives you greater fraud protection when you use your card at a chip-activated terminal. Your new card is not only more secure - it's also easy to use. Here's what you can look forward to as a cardholder.
Enhanced Fraud Protection
When you use your card at a chip-activate terminal, the embedded chip generates a one-time use code. This code is virtually impossible to counterfeit and helps reduce in-store fraud.
More merchants are accepting chip transactions every day. Whether you check out using chip technology or swipe your card, you can pay with confidence wherever Visa credit cards are accepted.
Easy to Use
Simply swipe your card like you do today. However, if a chip-activated terminal is available, insert your card instead and follow the prompts. See detailed steps below.
- Keep in mind, you can continue to use your chip card online and over the phone - the same way you do today.
See how easy it is to pay at a chip-activated terminal:
1. Insert the chip end of your card into the terminal with the chip facing up.
2. Keep your card in the terminal and follow the prompts.
3. Remove your card when prompted and take your receipt.
4. If a merchant is not yet chip-activated, you can still swipe your card to pay.